Equity Incentive Plans for Employees: Tax, Legal, and Plan Design Issues
Duration: 60 Minutes
This session provides an overview of equity compensation plans. We will discuss stock options, restricted stock, restricted stock units, stock appreciation rights, and phantom shares. The webinar will go over tax issues for employees and companies, deciding who gets how much when with what rules (vesting, allocation, and exercise), special rules for LLCs, operating agreements, and other key design issues. Finally, we will look at how to make the awards liquid in closely held companies.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Choosing an equity compensation plans
- Understanding tax implications
- How to select vesting, allocation, and eligibility rules
- Issues for LLCs
- How to decide how much to share with whom and when
- How to decide what equity plan is best
- How to get employees cash for their equity
- Tax issues for equity plans
- Providing liquidly for equity labs
The session will provide basic guidelines and rules for any company or advisor dealing with providing equity incentives for employees.
Who will Benefit
Advisors to and leaders of closely held companies
Many companies want to share ownership with one or more employees, but usually know very little about what ways there are to do it and which make the most sense. Company leaders also have a difficult time deciding how much to share with whom subject to what rules. This webinar is designed to shed light on these issues.