Best Practices in Supplier Management: Evaluation and Assessment
Duration: 60 Minutes
Supplier qualification and assessment is required in both the QSR regulations and ISO standards. Many companies spend a great deal of time and money in pursuit of compliance with this. Many companies can spend much less time and money, and still be in control of their suppliers and in compliance with the regulations. This presentation will review the QSR and ISO requirements for supplier evaluation and assessment, and provide cost efficient, equally compliant options to many of the most common practices.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Use good, basic supply management practices to help address supply risk
- Leverage simple tools to assess and track supply risk
- Put in place robust governance processes to involve other functions in third party risk, compliance and performance management
- Optimize the supply management technology for effective supplier risk management
Supplier Quality Management is a critical business process for manufacturers who source components and parts from suppliers, whether the suppliers are just across the street or a continent away.
World-class manufacturers are realizing that to truly leverage a global supply base to reduce costs, a sophisticated supplier quality management system, that gives the manufacturer real-time visibility into the supplier's process and product quality is necessary. It takes weeks for a supplier shipment from Far East Asia or Mexico to reach North America and quality issues not discovered and addressed prior to shipment can hurt the bottom line due to high costs arising out of downtime, expedited shipping and inventory carrying charges.
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all regulated companies that are interested in incurring less cost on supplier evaluation and assessment.
Who will Benefit
- QSR and ISO 13485 requirements for supplier selection and assessment
- How to qualify new suppliers in a cost efficient manner
- How to assess current suppliers in a cost efficient manner
- Handling of supplier nonconformance
- How to perform supplier-related corrective action
- Documentation requirements for supplier qualification, assessment, and related corrective action
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all personnel involved in supplier evaluation and assessment. The employees who will benefit include:
- Purchasing management
- Regulatory management
- QA management
- Quality Managers
- Audit Managers
- Quality Analysts
- Supplier Relationship Managers
- Outsourcing Managers
- Vendor Development Managers
- ISO Compliance Managers