USA and Canada Food Marketing Claims
Duration: 60 Minutes
This webinar on Food Manufacturing Claims will detail the labeling requirements for foods under the Federal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act and its amendments in addition to the CFIA and Health Canada.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why should you Attend
- What about other health claims? Healthy Choices!! Healthy for you!!
- Busting through Food and Nutrition myths
- Industry responsibility for Health Claims that are truthful & not misleading
- USA Food Marketing Claims categories for food & dietary supplements
- Canada Food Marketing Claims categories for food & dietary supplements
- Similarities between USA & Canada
- Differences between USA & Canada
This webinar will outline the similarities and differences between the US and Canada labeling requirements for health claims. This session will also "bust through" food and nutrition myths that are common in food manufacturing claims. In this webinar food processors and food manufactures can get a better understanding of the importance of food manufacturing claims to help avoid non-compliance inspections. This session is designed for those manufacturers and labelers that have an interest or possible market in the USA and Canada.
Who will Benefit
Food manufacturers and facilities responsible for packaging or labeling food products will benefit from this training. Titles include:
- Regulatory Affairs
- Food Packaging Suppliers and Manufacturers
- Food Technologists
- Food Safety
- Food Inspectors
Food Manufacturers and suppliers have a responsibility to their consumers that the Health Claims on their labels are accurate as possible and not misleading. It is important to understand the requirements of accurate labeling and how the misleading claims can misinform the consumer.