This webinar will give you all the tools you need to start your Exit Interview program or improve the one you have. It isn't rocket science but there are best practices and considerations for doing them well. Our intent is to get you up to speed as quickly and effectively as possible.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Learn the 7 steps for implementing a program
- Understand the value of developing a listening culture
- Receive 13 reasons for implementing webinars
- Understand the difference between the employee's perspective and the employer's perspective
- Receive the pros and cons of face-to-face, phone, questionnaire, and consultant interviews
- Learn who should conduct interviews and when they should be held
- Learn the value of 2nd interviews
- Receive suggestions for making the employee comfortable and getting honest answers
- State the ins and outs of questionnaire administration
- Answer how to handle involuntary terminations
- Learn when offering confidentiality can be a problem
- 15+ considerations in conducting the actual interview
- Keys to effective listening
- Importance of documentation for legal protection
- Learn considerations for analyzing and reporting information
- Learn the importance of taking action and getting the most out of the interviews
Exit Interviews are sometimes viewed as a big waste of time. No one really tells the truth, everyone wants to be seen as wonderful, after all, future references may depend on what you say when you leave. Or the departing unloads on everyone and everything. The leadership, supervisor, co-workers the processes and procedures, benefits provided, no one and nothing gets left off the complaint list. And since no one looks at the Exit Interview data, why do we collect it, nothing changes!
So what should we do? Do you see the information you can collect as a valuable resource you cannot operate your business without? We will make the case for Why and How to get this going in the right direction to help you meet organizational performance goals and is particularly helpful in these tight labor times when sometimes subtle differences in organizations make hiring the right people so important.
Tools will be provided to attendees including:
Who will Benefit
- A copy of the PowerPoint slide deck
- 179 sample interview questions in 11 different areas
- A sample Exit Interview Policy for you to personalize
- A sample Exit Questionnaire
- HR directors
- Business owners and senior leaders
- HR generalists and interviewers
- Directors, managers, and supervisors
- Anyone wanting to develop a listening culture
An employee hands in his resignation and walks out the door and with them walks out valuable skills, knowledge, and capabilities. You are sorry to see them leave and you don't want to lose anymore. Also walking out is the key to how to keep good employees and how to make your business better than ever. The key is Exit Interviews.