Techniques for Navigating Challenging Conversations at Work
Duration: 60 Minutes
Difficult conversations between managers and employees are oftentimes dreaded. There are techniques that can be used to help in these challenging times. Knowing the right techniques can help you approach the conversation with confidence. Many people will avoid or put off a necessary conversation hoping that they will not have to ever have it, however, the issues will most likely not go away and they will have to be addressed at some point.
This webinar will provide you with tools and techniques to help you achieve more effective communication at work. If you want to learn how to create more favorable outcomes by using effective tools and techniques in difficult conversations then this webinar is for you.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- How to turn a difficult conversation into an enhancing time of communication
- Tools and techniques that can be used during challenging conversations
- Preparation for a challenging conversation (Timing and finding and verifying facts)
- Preparing what is to be said and how to present it
- Having the conversation
- Reflect and follow-up
This training will provide an opportunity to learn about specific tools and techniques that can be used in navigating challenging conversations at work. Knowing the right tools to use will empower the individual and give them the confidence needed to create an environment that encourages a productive and successful outcome.
Who will Benefit
- Turning difficult conversations into productive communication
- Tools and techniques that can be used during difficult conversations
- Pre-conversation preparation
- Investigate and verify the facts
- Setting the appropriate time and place for the conversation
- Prepare what is to be said and how to present it
- Creating a positive atmosphere with no distractions
- Tone of voice, body gestures and eye contact
- Emotions and attitude
- Accountability and making sure expectations are understood
- Evaluating and follow-up
Managers and supervisors will not be able to escape difficult conversations with employees. There will always be things that come up at work that will require a challenging conversation. How the leaders handle these difficult conversations will help to create either a positive or negative environment. Through the appropriate use of skills, tools, and techniques, the leader can help to create a positive work environment.