Who is Really the Innocent Spouse? IRC §6015
Duration: 120 Minutes
Many times after filing a joint, return spouses have opposing views of who should be responsible for a resulting tax obligation when the IRS comes to call. The IRS recently introduced its innocent spouse rules which will allow more taxpayers to receive relief from joint tax obligations.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Learn the requirements for innocent spouse relief
- Review the methods for asserting innocent spouse
- Become familiar with the most effective ways to represent your client
This session will provide you a better understanding of innocent spouse rules and injured spouse relief. You will become familiar with the requirements of innocent spouse relief. You'll learn who should file for relief, and when and how to file for the same, as well as essential procedures and preparation of forms to get relief.
Also, get practical, real-world case studies and examples and valuable tools such as completed tax forms, templates, lists, timelines and more.
After this class you be able to:
Who will Benefit
- Understand the who, how, and when to file for relief
- Be aware of injured spouse relief
- Learn the essential procedures and preparation of forms to get relief
- Understand the clients' appeal options
- Know the latest rules for §6015(f) (equitable relief) and retroactive remedies available
- CPAs and Enrolled Agents
- Finance and Accounting Professionals
- Accounting and taxation firms
- Law firms dealing with tax issues
- Profit businesses involved in joint ventures with nonprofit organizations