Safe Drinking Water-Another Oxymoron?
Duration: 60 Minutes
This webinar will look at the historical use of indicator organisms to define the safety of drinking water and will examine the limitations of this approach for evaluating water potability. Waterborne outbreaks will be reviewed in the context of identifying the wide etiological scope and the inability of traditional indicators to mitigate these risks. Alternate considerations for assessing potability will also be discussed.
Why Should you Attend:
Learn about the sources and causes of waterborne disease and what microbial options are available to assess and minimize the risk.
Objectives of the Presentation:
Who can Benefit:
- Causes and etiology of waterborne disease
- Role and limitations of traditional microbial indicators for mitigating risk
- Enhanced or alternative approaches to defining potability
- Water Regulatory Authorities
- Water and Food Microbiologists