Rolling Forecasts the Wave of the Future Data Based Budgeting vs. Driver Driven Forecasts!
Duration: 75 Minutes
The current technology driven turbulent business environment presents many challenges to business manager. One primary challenge is the ability to predict and plan for the future which is unexpectedly unpredictable. Changes are constant. Companies struggle to find ways to find manage resources and find ways to thrive and survive in this turbulent business environment.
Traditional budgeting has been overtaken by these constantly changing events as is currently outdated and irrelevant for the following reasons:
Objectives of the Presentation
- Too time consuming
- Based on assumptions that may not be valid
- Focuses on past events not future possibilities
- Creates a "use it" or "lose it" mentality
- Restricts creative thinking in resource management
Rolling Forecast contrasted with traditional budgeting as the wave of the future. The webinar focuses on the impact of Key Business Drivers, establishing a forecasting process to cope with turbulent time, including the creation of Key Business Drivers. Sample formats and attendee exercises provided for start-up rolling forecast. Attendees take away a broad and basic understanding of the Rolling Forecasts, their benefits and how to migrate to Rolling Forecasts with simple tools & techniques.
Why Should you Attend
Rolling forecasts are the wave of the future. They are rapidly replacing traditional budgeting. This webinar outlines the critical differences and advantages of rolling forecasts over traditional budgeting. It challenges finance personnel to think outside the box and embrace the advantage of rolling forecasts.
This webinar will focus on:
- Using key business drivers and cast to influence and impact the future
- Why rolling forecasts are critical in today's turbulent and constantly changing environment
- Definition of key business drivers as the basis for rolling forecasts
- The relevance of cash as key business driver
- The core components of rolling forecasts
- The use of technology in rolling forecasts
- Simple techniques to make it happen. From dashboards to driver based forecasts
- Simple samples and exercises to reinforce teaching points
- Using "What If" analogies to validate forecasts
- Benefits of rolling forecasts
- Pitfalls to prevent
- Selling the culture changes to make rolling forecasts acceptable
Who will Benefit
- The five core components of rolling forecasts with simple explanations and exercise to reinforce the learning points
- The role and use of technology in rolling forecasts
- How to focus on future possibilities rather than past events to manage resources
- How to move from data based budgeting to driver passed forecasting as the foundation for resource allocation and utilization
All organizations with desire to update their forecasting and budgeting processes & procedures to the new wave of Rolling Forecasts to cope with the ever changing technology based business environment.
- Budget Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Cost Center Managers and any position responsible for the management of resources
- Accounting Managers
- Chief Accountants
- Finance & Budget Managers
- Chief Financial Officers
- VP Finance
- Operation and Production Managers