Updated Guidance for the OCC's Risk Assessment System
Duration: 75 Minutes
The OCC recently issued updated guidance on their Risk Assessment System. This is important because it expands how the regulators will be looking at risk when they examine your institution. Examiners will focus on your current as well as your projected financials to determine how resilient your institution will be when economic conditions become more volatile.
Examiners will also focus on your institution's resilience to liquidity and capital risks - the core components of safety and soundness.
These updates are reflected in the 'Bank Supervision Process,' 'Community Bank Supervision,' 'Federal Branches and Agencies Supervision,' and 'Large Bank Supervision' booklets of the Comptroller's Handbook and internal guidance for examiners. Other Comptroller's Handbook booklets will be updated as they are revised.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- How the OCC's updated guidance on risk assessments applies to all institutions, not just large banks
- Methods for Conducting Risk Assessment Surveys
- Conducting an Inherent Risk Survey
- Conducting a Management of Risk Survey
- Developing a Risk Assessment Rating Recap
- How to prepare for a regulatory examination by assessing your institution's resilience to withstand risks identified in the risk assessment process
Attend this webinar to get prepared for the risk based regulatory examinations.
Who will Benefit
- Updated Regulatory Guidance
- Creating a Risk Perspective
- Using CAMELS to Develop Risk Assessments
- IIA Definition of Risk Assessments
- Quantity of Risk: Inherent Risk Survey
- Sample Inherent Risk Surveys by Risk Category
- Quality of Risk Management Survey
- Financial officers
- Risk officers
- Internal auditors
- Audit committee members
This is a 75 minutes Recorded Video Program wherein the speaker will join at the end for the Q&A session to answer your queries.