Next Generation Leadership: Identifying & Developing Your Organization's Future Leaders
Duration: 60 Minutes
To develop the ability to identify future leaders, you have to know what leadership really is, along with the skills, traits and characteristics of effective leaders. That's the key to developing the next generation of leaders and knowing what to look for when you're determining which team members have the potential to excel as leaders within your organization. Putting the right people in leadership roles is critical for building the next generation of leaders, and you have to know what to look for.
People who are great employees do not necessarily have the mindset to be great leaders, and many don't even want to lead. When you put the wrong people in leadership roles, it can lead to negative consequences for the company and cause employees who are perfect fits for other types of jobs becoming frustrated and leaving because they're in roles that aren't appropriate "fits" for them.
Objectives of the Presentation
Attend this informative audio conference training session on leadership development programs in organizations and find out what you need to know to increase your ability to make the best possible decisions when it comes to identifying the next generation of leaders in your company and implementing an effective leadership development program.
Why Should you Attend
Identifying and developing talented employees with the potential to become supervisors, department managers and possibly even members of your company's executive leadership team is a critical aspect of strategic staffing and talent shaping. Developing the ability to identify those with leadership potential is critical for successful succession planning and boosting retention of your high-performing employees.
Who will Benefit
- What effective leadership really is, as well as what it is not
- Understanding the nature of leadership
- Key skill and personality characteristics critical for leadership success
- Attitude and perspective components of leadership effectiveness
- Identifying "fit" with company culture, mission, vision and values
- Key focus areas for recognizing and realizing leadership potential
- Assessing leadership tendencies against best practice standards
- Building the next generation of leaders by preparing high potential leadership candidates for success
- Positive organizational outcomes of identifying and developing leaders
- HR professionals
- Managers involved in hiring and promotions
- Talent acquisition professionals
- Talent development professional
- Talent shaping professionals
- Career development professionals
- Career management professionals
- Business owners