New Hazardous Waste Generator Rule: Your Haz Waste Compliance Obligations under the EPA's Final Generator Rule Are Now in Effect
Duration: 90 Minutes
The EPA Administrator signed the final Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule on October 28, 2016 and it was published in the Federal Register (FR) on November 28, 2016. This rule finalizes a much-needed update to the hazardous waste generator regulations to make the rules easier to understand, facilitate better compliance, provide greater flexibility in how hazardous waste is managed and close important gaps in the regulations.
Join us for a webinar with Joe Keenan, Environmental Health and Safety Management Consultant, who has helped many companies implement Effective Hazardous Waste Programs. He will provide essential guidance and information to help you develop a program from scratch or evaluate an existing program to identify and address compliance challenges with the New Hazardous Waste Generator Rule.
Objectives of the Presentation
The New Hazardous Waste Generator Rule-
Over 60 changes to Hazardous Waste Generator Program that:
Why Should you Attend
- Reorganizes the regulations to make them more user-friendly and thus enables improved compliance by the regulated community
- Provides greater flexibility for hazardous waste generators to manage waste in a cost-effective manner through episodic generation and VSQG-LQG consolidation provisions
- Strengthens environmental protection by addressing identified gaps in the regulations
- Clarifies certain components of the hazardous waste generator program to address ambiguities and foster improved compliance
- Discuss strategies on how to implement an effective Hazardous Waste Program
- Answer site specific questions and case scenarios as it pertains to the new rule
Due to the legal complexities and environmental exposures to hazardous waste, it is critical that organizations are fully compliant with the new final Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule. This webinar will cover the new requirements in detail and answer site specific questions and case scenarios as it pertains to the new rule.
Who will Benefit
- Safety Managers and Staff with multiple functions that include EHS
- Senior Management
- EH&S professionals
- Facility management personnel