Leveraging PowerPoint for Technical Presentations
Duration: 90 Minutes
Engaging your audience when your presentation content is largely technical in nature is a challenge. Often, the point of delivering the presentation is to gain buy-in, support or cooperation from attendees. When your content may not be as scintillating to your audience, as it is to you, going the extra mile to make it dynamic and interactive can mean the difference between getting that buy-in or not. In this session, you will learn how to leverage the features of PowerPoint to create visuals and handout material that do more than just convey your content. You will learn tools and techniques to draw attention to key items, how to apply animation to engage, not merely entertain, your attendees and how to organize your content quickly and fast-track your presentation media.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Fast-tracking your presentation with outlines
- How much text goes on a slide, where, and why
- Leveraging SmartArt, picture graphics and shapes
- What works in the live venue vs. in online delivery
- Techniques that allow you and your audience to interact with your content
- How to tastefully and effectively apply animation and transitions to deliver your message
- How to use sections to make your presentation slides reusable and multi-purpose
- Tips for creating handouts that are a value-add
If you deliver presentations or training material which may be dry or very technical in nature, learning to leverage a tool like PowerPoint can help you meet your objectives: audience engagement, education, support and buy-in.
- Getting content into PowerPoint efficiently and effectively
- Formatting content to appeal to your audience in various presentation platforms
- Applying transition and animation tools
- Producing handouts
- Using PowerPoint features such as Custom Show and Sections
- Delivering a quality presentation that puts the spotlight on the speaker and the content, not just he slides
NOTE: The course will be delivered using PowerPoint 2013, but will be applicable to all versions of PowerPoint from 2007 forward and in part other presentation content applications.
Who will Benefit
This training is applicable for all Technical specialists like:
- Accounting and finance professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Medical professionals
- Computer technology professionals
PowerPoint is one of the key tools of Melissa Esquibel's trade as a trainer and consultant. I have been using it since its release, as well as predecessor tools and competing applications.