Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Compare Regulation E and payment rules
- Document investigation strategies and tips
- Define actions using case studies
- Summarize obligations and liabilities
Although Reg E may be the regulatory force behind your investigations, making those investigations effective and efficient can minimize losses both for your customer and, equally important, for your institution. Using real cases, we'll explore investigation strategies that may help your institution reduce losses.
Cases include customers linking their accounts to external third-parties, the ODFI's actual liability for unauthorized ACH debits (hint: It's NOT 60 days!), liability for card and ACH transactions for timely notice vs. timely notice not given, kids hijacking moms card to pay for video games, "free" trial offers, and more.
If you want your investigations of unauthorized EFTs to be more effective, this is the presentation for you.
Who will Benefit
- Regulation E requirements for claims of consumer unauthorized EFTs
- Reducing exposure to loss for claims
- ACH and Card Rules and Returns
- Verbal vs. documented claims
- FI responsibilities for timely and untimely claims
- Investigation strategies and tips
- Case studies demonstrating real situations
This informative session is designed for anyone in a financial institution responsible for managing payments risk and investigations, including Operations, Operations Managers, Card Dept., Risk Manager, Compliance, Compliance Officer, Auditors, Security / Investigations, Electronic Banking, Branch Managers and Trainers.