Identity Issues in Banking - 26 Red Flags and More
Duration: 60 Minutes
This webinar training helps attendees understand the 26 Red flags released by federal regulators in regards to identity fraud. The instructor will discuss how to create and implement the fraud control program and Identity solutions to combat ID theft and reduce future losses. Participants will also learn strategies on fraud prevention, detection and investigation.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- How does it make sense to utilize the government's "Red Flags"?
- What are the objectives they are intended to achieve?
- What are other things that can be done to further meet those objectives?
- How do you learn from losses incurred to reduce future losses?
- What are ways identity fits into an overall fraud control program?
- What might identity solutions be changing?
The federal regulators put together a list of 26 "Red Flags" to help banks deal with ID theft and identity fraudulent attempts to take over accounts. But the list is not organized for ease of use and they are not a comprehensive guide.
In this topic, the instructor organizes the Red Flags into related functional areas and for each area he provides additional tips and information from the perspectives of prevention, loss reduction, detection, and investigations.
Who will Benefit
- The four areas covered by Red Flags:
- Credit Report data
- Suspicious documents
- New Accounts, suspicious information
- Existing Accounts, suspicious changes
- New ideas in customer identity:
- New concept for address control
- The future of customer identity?
- Fraud Offices
- BSA/AML Professionals
- BSA/AML/Fraud VP, Manager, Director, Supervisor
- Compliance Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Corporate Investigators
- Management Personnel
- Frontline Employees
- Financial Institution Branch Managers
- Law Enforcement
- Small Business Owners
- Forensic Auditors and Accountants
- Certified Fraud Examiners (CFES)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS)