International Trade Finance Payment Methods
Duration: 60 Minutes
This 60-minute session will help exporters and importers understand the three international trade finance methods of payment; to include Letters of Credit, Documentary Collections and Open Account; and their variations. You will also learn the pros and cons of each method and what documents are used to effect each type.
Objectives of the Presentation
Attendees will learn how to use and apply all three international trade finance payment methods and what documents are used to effect each type.
Why Should you Attend
Companies that export and import products can use Documentary Letters of Credit, Documentary Collections or Open Accounts to purchase and sell goods globally. Understanding the proper application and documents involved will assist in the reliable payment for goods sold. Understanding the proper application of each type of payment will provide the most competitive possible terms of sale.
This 60-minute webinar will help exporters and importers comprehensively understand the three international trade finance methods of payment and their variations. We will also review the pros and cons of each method and what documents are used to effect each type.
Who will Benefit
- What is a Documentary Letter of Credit
- What is a Documentary Collection
- What is a Document Payment
- What is a Document Acceptance
- What is a Clean Collection
- What is Open Account
- What are the pros and cons of each type of payment method
- What are the documents involved to effect the payment of each method
- How can I assure payment for my shipment
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all companies that export or import goods and need to be assured they will receive payment and their goods; while providing the most competitive terms of sale.
- Export companies
- Import companies
- Freight forwarding companies that must ship under each method of payment
- Bank staff involved with bank trade finance services