What to Expect in 2017 and Beyond for Immigration Law for Employers under Trump Administration
Duration: 60 Minutes
In this webinar, speaker Bruce E. Buchanan, an immigration law attorney, will discuss many of the possible changes by President Trump in the field of immigration law related to employers. These possible changes include substantial changes to the issuance of H-1B visas, OPT/STEM, and TN visas. Additionally, he will discuss possible changes in immigration compliance – more ICE audits, return of ICE raids, mandatory E-Verify. He will cover many immigration topics, but not the 'building of the wall.'
Objectives of the Presentation
Why should you Attend
- H-1B Visas
- 'Consider ways to make the process for allocating H-1B visas more efficient and ensure beneficiaries are the best and the brightest'
- Possible changes – take Congressional action
- End of lottery, instead base issuance of visas on level and type of degree – Masters and above in STEM would be highest, and highest prevailing wage
- Raise minimum prevailing wage on H-1B jobs
- Reduce the number of H-1B Visas
- Requirement that must advertise (like employment-based green cards) before hiring H-1B Visa holder
- More site visits
- L Visas
- Within 180 days of EO, USCIS start making site visits of L-1 non-immigrant workers, including 3d party worksites
- OPT / STEM
- Propose regulation for Notice and Comment to reform 'practical training programs for foreign students to prevent the disadvantaging of US students in the workforce'
- Immigration Compliance and Enforcement
- Expansion of E-Verify
- Probably take new regulations to make more employers mandatory
- iTake Congressional action to make fully mandatory
- More ICE audits
- ICE detain all employees who are undocumented
- Return of ICE raids
- TN Visas
- If NAFTA is cancelled, then all TN Visas will be cancelled
In recent months, President Trump has promised broad changes to immigration laws from building a border wall, to cracking down on employers, and rooting out visa fraud. This session discusses recent changes in immigration rules and how the Trump Administration may impact employment-related immigration rules in 2017 and beyond. If you want to be ahead of the game on what to expect as changes in immigration law that impact employers, then you should attend this webinar.
Who will Benefit
- HR Managers
- Office Managers
- Compliance officers
- Human Resource Professionals