How to Survive and What to Expect in a HIPAA Audit
Duration: 90 Minutes
In this webinar the speaker will cover the specifics from real life experience on how the Feds operate in an audit. What is involved in the audit, what specifics are they looking for, what outsourced entities carry out the audit, what are the things the Fed likes to see, and what are the things they do not like to see.
The webinar will also deal with:
- Low hanging fruit that are HIPAA violations that many are unaware of
- HIPAA - are your "i"'s dotted and "t"'s crossed?
- What to do if you receive a letter from the OCR
Why Should you Attend
- Office of Civil Rights audit letter
- What should you do if you receive an audit letter
- What are the risk factors
- Fines - how they are assessed
Objectives of the Presentation
- What are the risk factors?
- HIPAA now has teeth! Be prepared! Protect your business!
- What factors might spurn a HIPAA audit? Are you doing these things?
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
Who can Benefit
- Paperwork you will need to have handy
- Your rights under the law
- Getting rid of "low hanging fruit" and why are you being audited in the first place
- Who will OCR want to talk to?
- Patients suing under HIPAA citing state laws
- Internal staff concerns - personal responsibility
- Practice Managers
- Any Business Associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals (i.e. Billing Companies, Transcription Companies, IT Companies, Answering Services, Home Health, Coders, Attorneys, etc)
- MD's and other Medical Professionals