HIPAA Violations - Social Media, Web Sites, Patient Reviews - Simple Compliance Steps to Avoid Danger
Duration: 60 Minutes
This webinar provides the guidance needed to use Websites and Social Media in healthcare and stay compliant with HIPAA. The HIPAA Rules, HHS/OCR guidance, Resolution Agreements provide a simple, easy to use blueprint using your Website and Social Media to engage patients and comply with HIPAA.
Objectives of the Presentation
This webinar will cover:
Why Should you Attend
- A clear explanation of the HIPAA Rules that apply to Health Care Provider Websites and Social Media like your practice's Facebook page
- What to do - and not do - about Patient Reviews
- How to keep your Website and Social Media dynamic, effective and follow simple HIPAA Rules
- HIPAA Rules for Websites, Social Media and Patient Reviews are clear, unequivocal and easy to follow. It only takes one look at a Health Care Provider's Website or Social Media page to find violations
- What to look for on your Website or Social Media site - how to identify violations - and how to fix them
- How to use advice from marketing professionals in a way that complies with HIPAA. Remember it is the Covered Entity who is responsible for HIPAA compliance - and liable for violations
Patient Engagement is a cornerstone of quality patient care and, along with New Patient Attraction keeps your practice strong and helps it grow. Health care provider Websites and Social Media Websites like Facebook are essential to engage patients and attract new patients of all ages from millennials to senior citizens. Provider Websites and Social Media pages are inexpensive, easy to build and universal today.
A 2018 survey found 72% of respondents use Patient Reviews posted on the Internet to choose a new provider, up from 25% in 2013. However, Patient Engagement and New Patient Attraction through Websites, Social Media and Patient Reviews are covered by HIPAA Rules. The rules are easy to follow when you know what they are - but highly visible violations are widespread on the Internet. The HIPAA Rules, HHS/OCR guidance and settlements reached by OCR following investigations of violations provide a simple, easy to use blueprint for engaging patients and attracting new patients while avoiding HIPAA violations and liability. This session will explain the HIPAA Rules for Websites, Social Media and Patient Reviews - how you can do what you want to do and comply with HIPAA.
HIPAA Rules are easy to follow, step-by-step - when you know the steps.
Who will Benefit
- HIPAA Compliance Official
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Health Information Technology Supervisor
- Practice Manager
- Risk Manager
- Physical Therapist
- Hospital Trustees
- C-Suite Executives