Excel Techniques for HR, Benefits and Compensation Professionals
Duration: 90 Minutes
You're not getting any less data. And, you're getting asked to report it in more and more ways. HR, Compensation and Benefits professionals have to deal with a wide variety of data from many disparate sources. And your data is deep and wide unlike many other types of data. It can get a little overwhelming getting everything to work together. If all you have at your disposal is what you were able to learn on your own, it's probably not enough to get the job done efficiently and effectively. Excel can offer just about everything you need, if you know where to look for the tools. Microsoft Certified Trainer Melissa Esquibel can help uncover these and pack your toolbox to the brim. As a business owner, Melissa has learned to leverage her business data for year-over-year success. As an Excel instructor, she has the benefit of knowing just what tools are available to approach nearly any data challenge.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Effectively importing data from various sources
- Getting data in the right shape to optimize the Excel tool set
- Efficiently scrubbing data with text functions and other tools
- Effectively leverage tables, pivot tables, and the PowerPivot add-in to quickly crunch millions of data records
- Easily generate reports, dashboards and other tools for the end-user
- Wrangle date math to yield what you need with rounding or scrubbing up infinitesimal decimal differences
Big data is just getting bigger. There's more and more of it and more and more to gain from it. Now is the time to acquire the skills needed to do this effectively and efficiently. Knowing how to leverage the powerful tools in Excel can set you apart from your peers and add value to your professional portfolio.
Who will Benefit
- Using external data sources
- Text functions: LEFT, RIGHT, MID, LEN, FIND, TEXT
- Text-to-Columns and Flash Fill
- Table style formatting
- Pivot tables
- Date mat for parsing, manipulating and calculating date data
- Introduction to dashboard arrangement and population
Compensation and benefits director, hr manager, payroll manager, hr assistant, personnel director, recruiter, recruiting manager, director of human capital, hr data analyst, payroll data analyst, human resources.