Excel - Business Intelligence with Power Pivot
Duration: 60 Minutes
Are you a Pivot Table Power User? Are you frustrated by the limitations of Pivot Tables (no support for multiple tables, limited support for complex calculations, no support for "Big Data")? If you ever need to create pivot tables from multiple datasets, Power Pivot is your friend. No more v-lookup. No more multiple consolidation ranges. If you've been frustrated by other limitations of pivot tables then Power Pivot is for you. Simply put, Power Pivot takes pivot tables and data analysis to the next level. If you're a fan of pivot tables, you'll love Power Pivot.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- How to import data into Excel using Power Pivot
- How to manage data using Power Pivot
- How to create pivot tables from multiple sources with ease
- Understanding the basics of the DAX formula language
If you work with, analyze and generate reports from large datasets in Excel, having a good understanding and working knowledge of Power Pivot is a must!
Power Pivot helps you overcome Excel's limitations when it comes to working with massive datasets. Using the add-in you can import over 1 million row datasets, from virtually any source. However, that's not all. Power Pivot is also handy for creating pivot tables from multiple datasets. You'll not have to bother with VLOOKUP, and you can forget about multiple consolidation ranges.
Who will Benefit
- Importing your data into Power Pivot
- Using the Data Model to create and manage relationships
- Hierarchies in PowerPivot
- Creating a pivot table from related Excel tables
- Creating a pivot table from related data sources (including external sources)
- Creating calculated fields (measures)
- An introduction to the DAX formula language to create simple calculated columns
- Creating KPI's
This event is aimed at users of Excel (2010, 2013 and 2016 for Windows) who wish to learn about Power Pivot. Attendees should have at least intermediate knowledge of Excel and be familiar with formulas and creating Pivot tables.
- Business users who analyze data with Excel or create management reports
- Excel users who want to analyze large data sets and create relationships between tables
- Excel users who know how to use Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Excel users who wish to create interactive dashboards
- Financial Consultants
IMPORTANT NOTE: Power Pivot is only available for Excel 2010, Excel 2013 and 2016 for Windows in Office Professional Plus, Office 365 Professional Plus or the standalone editions of Excel 2013 & 2016. If in doubt whether this training is relevant for your version of Excel, please check with your IT department.