Employee Engagement and retention Strategies: Keys to keeping star employees and Minimize Costly Employee Turnover
Duration: 90 Minutes
Consider that the direct expense of replacing a good employee may reach 50 to 60% of an employee's annual salary. Add in indirect costs and it zooms to 90 to 200% of an employee's annual salary. High employee turnover has a negative effect on employee morale and productivity. To avoid incurring the expense and stress of employee turnover, your company needs to understand and implement the best strategies to manage employee retention.
Good employees effectively meet client needs and successfully achieve organizational goals. It should be a top priority to secure your most productive and valuable employees. During this informative webinar, you will learn why employees stay or leave and practical techniques you can use to retain the best employees.
Objectives of the Presentation
Upon completion of this session, you will be able to:
Why Should you Attend
- Cite factors that contribute to employee turnover
- Identify strategies for retaining employees
- Understand the link between leadership, employee satisfaction and turnover
- Measure employee turnover
- Cite three factors that contribute to employee motivation
- Understand the priorities of the millennial generation
Retaining staff is a concern of almost every organization. Higher than desired turnover demands considerable resources to recruiting and the problem is made worse by day-to-day staffing shortages. Improved retention is the solution to slow the turnstile of coming and going staff.
Consider that direct costs of replacing a good employee may reach 50-60% of an employee's annual salary. Add in indirect costs and it zooms to 90-200%. Retention strategies benefits employees, management, and ultimately residents.
During the session you will learn:
- Why employees stay or leave
- How to measure turnover
- How much money matters in employee satisfaction and motivation
- The relationship of leadership to retention and turnover
- How to create a workplace 'community'
- Why recruitment and interviewing are important in managing turnover
- How to conduct 'Stay interviews'
- Technique for Rounding for Excellence
- 135 ideas for reducing turnover
- 10 steps toward great retention
- 7 steps to giving effective recognition
- The importance of the Losada Ratio
- Linking benefits to retention
- Why millennials stay or leave
- Keys for millennial retention
Who will Benefit
- 135 retention strategies
- Questions to conduct retention interviews
- A free leadership assessment
- HR Professional
- Front Line Supervisors, Managers
- HR Managers
- Personnel responsible for employee retention
- Employee Development
- Business Owners
- Leaders, managers, and supervisors who have responsibility for determining and implementing retention strategies