Do's and Don'ts of Effective HIPAA Compliance program for BYOD & Mobile Devices: Be Prepared for what's new in 2016!
Duration: 90 Minutes
This training session will dive deep into the details regarding your practice or business information technology and how it relates to the HIPAA Security Rule, in particular portable devices. The webinar will also cover areas including texting, email, encryption, medical messaging, voice data and risk factors as they relate to IT.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Updates for 2016
- Portable devices
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Emailing of PHI
- Texting of PHI
- HIPAA - myth Vs truth
- Risk factors
- HIPAA now has teeth! Be prepared for what's new in 2016!
- Protect your practice or business!
- What factors might spurn a HIPAA audit? Are you doing these things?
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
It is important to understand the new changes going on at Health and Human Services as it relates to enforcement of HIPAA for both covered entities and business associates as it relates to portable devices, texting, and emailing of PHI. You need to know how to avoid being low hanging in terms of audit risk as well as being sued by individuals who have had their PHI wrongfully disclosed due to bad IT practices. The speaker is also an expert witness on multiple court cases where a business or medical practice is being sued for not doing their due diligence to minimize risk.
Who can Benefit
- Practice managers
- Any business associates who work with medical practices or hospitals (i.e. billing companies, transcription companies, IT companies, answering services, home health, coders, attorneys, etc)
- MD's and other medical professionals