Critical Anti-Fraud Audits under Procurement and Accounts Payable
Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2019
Time: 10:00 AM PST, 01:00 PM EST
Duration: 100 Minutes
This webinar will explain how to perform anti-fraud audits in the purchasing/accounts payable cycle. It will discuss the use of Audit Control Language (ACL) and how this tool and other tools like it (IDEA) are helpful in the analysis of accounts payable and purchasing data.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- The fraud triangle and statistics from the ACFE
- A basic understanding of fraud and the different types of fraud that can occur
- Understanding the data that A/P or IT can provide for analysis
- Different data analysis tools that can be utilized (ACL vs. IDEA or just Excel)
- Examples of proactive accounts payable anti-fraud reviews
- Different data analysis tests that can be performed on accounts payable data
- Different data analysis tests that can be performed on purchasing data
With an increased awareness of fraud and the ongoing cost to organizations, taking a proactive stance on performing anti-fraud audits in purchasing and accounts payable is imperative to most organizations. According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) "Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse" published in 2012, it is predicted that 5% of an organization's revenue is lost to fraud.
This webinar will provide attendees with a basic understanding of fraud, different data analysis that can be utilized, proactive accounts payable anti-fraud examples of reviews that can be conducted and different data analysis tests that can be performed.
Who will Benefit
- Internal Audit Personnel involved in Fraud Related Activities
- Internal Audit Management interested in Performing Anti-Fraud Audits of Accounts Payable and Purchasing Cycles
- Professionals Responsible for or Interested in Performing Anti-Fraud Audits
- Risk Officer
- Compliance Officer