What Every Employer Needs to Know about Proposed Immigration Changes in the Trump Era
Duration: 60 Minutes
In this webinar by speaker Bruce E. Buchanan, you can learn about the challenges and opportunities posed by the changes in immigration laws and policies to employers and their foreign national employees in the United States. The Trump administration has proposed major changes to immigration laws and policies while Congress is also considering major immigration reforms for non-immigrant visas. President Trump's "Buy American and Hire American" Executive Order appears aimed at the H-1B visa program and other non-immigrant visas, L-1, TN and OPT STEM. Although the Executive Order does not list changes in these programs, it is clear that there will be changes. Furthermore, Congress is proposing new laws related to non-immigrant visas. Also, President Trump is likely to change immigration compliance through the greater issuance of I-9 ICE audits and maybe a return to ICE raids.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Identify challenges created by recent immigration law changes
- Review the recent suspension of premium processing for H-1B temporary work visas
- Navigating the complicated U.S. immigration system for foreign national employees
- Preparing for upcoming immigration changes
- Preparing for potential ICE audits/raids against employers due to non-compliance with I-9 requirements
- Review visas affected by potential NAFTA cancellation
On April 18,, 2017, President Donald Trump signed an executive order, "Buy American and Hire American," which will be used as a guide for proposed changes in immigration policy. By attending this event, you will be able to receive new knowledge and tips about the recent and proposed changes to immigration laws and policies that will in turn help you at work.
Who will Benefit
- HR professionals in any industry that hires foreign nationals
- HR professionals involved in I-9 Compliance
- Employers in any industry that hires foreign nationals
- Foreign nationals
- Immigration and labor attorneys
One of the hottest topics under President Trump is immigration, which is a very broad topic. This webinar will explore changes and proposed changes in immigration law as it relates to employer.