Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Management responsibility
- Guide to Risk Analysis - Risk Management
- Security Rule and Privacy Rule are interconnected - Policies Required for both
- How to deal with Potential Breaches
- Understand the Business Associate Agreement (BAA) and the Subcontractor BAA
If you are a Business Associate you must know exactly what you have to do to comply with HIPAA. But you have two hurdles.
First, your HIPAA responsibilities are new so you don't have the HIPAA compliance background and experience of your customers - Covered Entities.
Second, you are liable for compliance with the entire HIPAA Security Rule - and parts of the HIPAA Privacy and Breach Notification Rules. But at first, second and third glance it is difficult to find your Privacy and Breach Notification Rule obligations and no one is in charge! HIPAA only directs you to identify a Security Official to develop and implement Security Rule Policies and Procedures. It gives you no direction at all about developing Your Privacy and Breach Notification Rule compliance program.
This session will explain Business Associate HIPAA compliance responsibilities in 5 steps.
There is a secret to Business Associate HIPAA compliance. The secret is - HIPAA Rules are easy to follow, step-by-step - when you know the steps.
This webinar for HIPAA Business Associates will cover HIPAA law that applies to Business Associates and the top HIPAA Compliance Priorities, broken into 5 steps needed for full HIPAA compliance:
1. The HIPAA Compliance Official
Who's in charge? - All HIPAA compliance responsibility rests squarely with top management. But authority to develop and implement a HIPAA compliance program is delegated to one or more Business Associate HIPAA Compliance Official(s). They must do more than just develop and implement Security Rule Policies and Procedures. Business Associate HIPAA Compliance Official's duties are a roadmap to develop, implement and maintain a Business Associate's HIPAA Compliance Program
2. Risk Analysis and Risk Management - the basis of HIPAA Compliance broken down into its 3 basic parts and explained step-by-step
3. Understand and implement the interconnected Business Associate Security Rule and Privacy Rule Compliance responsibilities with appropriate Policies and Procedures
4. Learn how to investigate, assess and document Potential Breaches and if necessary, make notifications required by the Breach Notification Rule
5. Understand Business Associate Agreements with a Covered Entity and a Subcontractor Business Associate. Write your own Business Associate Agreement, recognize red flags, and avoid making your Subcontractor Business Associate your agent under the Federal Common Law of Agency by mistake
Who will Benefit
- C-Suite Executives
- Compliance Official
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Risk Management Director
- HIPAA Compliance Official
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Information Technology Supervisor
- Healthcare Marketing Manager
- General Counsel
- Certified Public Accountant