Attracting, Managing & Retaining Millennials for Long-Term Success
Date: Friday, 22 February 2019
Time: 11:30 AM PST, 02:30 PM EST
Duration: 90 Minutes
Buy this Live Training Program and get 1 ON-DEMAND Recorded Training Program of your Choice Free.
This informative webinar will explain why Millennial and other employees stay or leave and learn practical techniques you can use to retain the best employees.The Millennial generation is a force to be reckoned with. They are talented, innovative, entrepreneurial, and creative. They are also highly mobile and prone to job hopping. Retaining top talent is a key business imperative and old strategies are no longer effective. The good news is that Millennial prefer to stay with the same company and they will if given the right environment and opportunities. There are strategies and tactics that can improve retention rates.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Cite factors that contribute to Millennial employee turnover
- Identify strategies for retaining employees
- Understand the link between leadership, employee satisfaction and turnover
- Measure employee turnover
- Cite three factors that contribute to employee motivation
- Understand the priorities of the Millennial generation
Any organization which is experiencing the changing workforce and sometimes frustrated with why the current approaches are not having the same effect or just want a fresh view of how retention strategies can and do make financial sense, will be benefitted by this webinar.
And if you are interested in helping your organization keep more of your Millennial workforce, this session will provide you tools to help you assess, plan, and act on the critical goal.
Who will Benefit
- Why Millennial employees stay or leave
- How to measure turnover
- The relationship of compensation to employee satisfaction and motivation
- The relationship of leadership to retention and turnover
- How to create a workplace "community"
- Why recruitment and interviewing are important in managing turnover
- The importance of "Stay interviews"
- 135 ideas for reducing turnover
- 10 steps toward great retention
- Ideas for more effective on boarding
- Importance of realistic job previews
- 7 steps to giving effective recognition
- Linking benefits to retention
- The 5 components of the retention model
- Keys for millennial retention
- Individuals responsible for employee retention
- Human resources
- Employee development
- Leadership and management
- Any organization that is experiencing the changing workforce
More than 60% of Millennials leave their company in less than three years and their turnover is greater than any other generation. In addition there are now more Millennials than Baby Boomers in the workforce. 60% are open to a different job and 36% will look for a new job in the next year. No question they have their own style, attitudes, and beliefs. Unfortunately most companies don't have a focused retention strategy to retain these important employees.
In the next 5-10 years the Millennial's will be filling those roles as the Boomers and other exit. Organizations are trying to build their depth chart and prepare succession plans so they have internal resources ready to step in and lead and fully fill out those more senior roles on teams and in key positions.