Objectives of the Presentation
Why Should you Attend
- Understand recently issued FASB standards and guidance
- Assess the effect of recently issued auditing standards, attestation standards, and standards on accounting and review services
- Become familiar with exposure drafts and other projects in accounting, auditing, compilation, preparation, and review services
The accounting and auditing update is intended to be a first step for all accountants who want to be apprised of the new and emerging issues in the field. You will be exposed to the guidance that may impact your practice of accounting in both the public and private arenas. The webcast will give you the overview you need to determine which areas of new guidance you need to explore in more depth.
In this course, we sort through the complexities and help you identify and apply recently issued FASB, PCAOB, and AICPA standards and guidance. With the rate of change in today's regulatory environment, it's challenging staying current on the topics affecting the profession. This course provides the information that is critical to your success and covers hot topics such as revenue recognition, leases, financial instruments, as well as intangible assets, consolidation, business combinations and statement of cash flows; recently issued SAS nos. 132 and 133 and recently issued auditing interpretations; recently proposed SSAE standards; overview of SSARS No. 22 and SSARS No. 23.
Who will Benefit
- Accounting and attestation standards updates, with a focus on revenue recognition, financial instruments, and leases
- Recently released guidance from the AICPA
- Recently released guidance from the FASB
- Recently released guidance from the IASB
- Identify the new accounting standards codifications issued as updates for 2018
- Private company financial reporting
- Impact of the current environment on audit planning
- Emerging issues that will affect the accounting profession
This webinar is of value to all accounting, investment, and financial professionals, including CPAs, CEOs, CFOs, banking professionals, and securities and investment professionals.
- All accountants
- Compliance officers
- Chief Financial Officers