2017 HIPAA - Texting and Emailing Guidelines
Duration: 90 Minutes
This training program will go into great detail regarding your practice or business information technology and how it relates to the HIPAA Security Rule, in particular portable devices. Areas covered will be texting, email, encryption, medical messaging, voice data and risk factors as they relate to IT. This webinar will show you how to limit those risks by simply taking proactive steps and utilizing best practices.
Objectives of the Presentation
Why should you Attend
- List HIPAA texting and emailing updates for 2017
- Discuss BYOD (bring your own device) in a healthcare environment
- Describe most commonly used portable devices
- Discuss the increased burden to business associates
- Discuss emailing and texting personal health information (PHI)
- Describe the federal audit process for sending emails and text messages
- What's new in 2017?
- How can you protect your practice or business?
- What factors might spur a HIPAA audit? Are you doing these things?
Join Brian Tuttle for this 90-minute webinar where he will detail your practice or business information technology and how it relates to the HIPAA Security Rule, in particular portable devices. This webinar will provide education on texting, email, encryption, medical messaging, voice data and risk factors as they relate to IT. He will uncover myths versus reality as it correlates to this very enigmatic law based on over 600 risk assessments performed as well as years of experience in dealing directly with the Office of Civil Rights HIPAA auditors.
Who will Benefit
- Updates for 2017
- Portable devices
- Doctors and texting
- Practical solutions
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Emailing of PHI
- Texting of PHI
- Federal Audit Process
This program will benefit practice managers and any business associates who work with medical practices or hospitals i.e. Home health and hospice agencies, Physicians and other medical professionals, Billing companies, Transcription companies, IT companies, Answering services, Coders, Attorneys, etc. It is also useful for MDs and other medical professionals.