What are the course objectives?
This course will train you to be a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), a designation offered by Scrum Alliance to practitioners who have successfully completed a CSM course and demonstrate their understanding through the CSM test. A CSM performs the following functions:
- Aids project teams in using Scrum effectively
- Provides expertise above that of a typical project manager
- Acts as a ‘servant leader’ and helps the team work together and learn the Scrum framework
- Protects the team from internal and external distractions
Simplilearn's CSM training program is a live classroom training. It is the ideal course package for every aspiring professional who wants to make a career in project management.
The CSM certification training course is focused on providing an improved understanding of Scrum methodologies and their implementation.
Why is this certification so highly sought-after?
The designation of Certified ScrumMaster is a prized certification offered by Scrum Alliance, a non-profit membership organization that supports the adoption and effective use of Scrum. There are over a quarter million CSM's worldwide. Benefits of the CSM certification include:
What skills will you learn?
- Certified ScrumMaster certification enhances your industry credibility and earning potential
- According to payscale.com, a CSM professional has a median salary of $112,000 per year
- CSM certification proves that you have a full understanding of Scrum and how to apply its principles in the workplace
- It offers a clearly defined and well-respected credential in the Agile community, making it highly sought-after by employers
At the end of Simplilearn’s training in CSM, you will be able to:
What are the career benefits in store for you?
- Discuss Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Describe the importance of Agile
- Explain the Scrum lifecycle
- Understand the Scrum terminologies and their applications
- Discuss in detail terms such as Daily Scrum, User Story, Sprint Planning and Sprint Review
- Understand various roles involved in Scrum
- Describe distributed Scrum and the best practices in distributed Scrum
The benefits of earning CSM certification are as follows:
Who should take this course?
- Career opportunities of certified professionals are rapidly growing as they remain relevant and marketable across various industry sectors
- Certified professionals demonstrate accomplishment of core Scrum knowledge to employers and peers
- Certification verifies your knowledge of Scrum framework and scope of the ScrumMaster’s role in the process
- As a CSM, you will be able to fill the roles of a Scrum Master or a Scrum team member
- The certification helps the professional engage with a community of Scrum experts
- Through this certification, the CSM gains access to local groups, networks, and resources available only to Scrum Alliance members
The following categories of professionals should take the CSM training course and obtain certification:
What types of projects will you complete during the CSM course?
- Members of Scrum teams such as developers, Scrum Masters, and product owners
- Managers of Scrum teams
- Teams transitioning to Scrum
- Professionals who would like to pursue a career as a professional Scrum Master
There are no projects related to this course.
What types of jobs require CSM certified professionals?
Jobs that require CSM skills include project manager, technical project manager, scrum master, program manager, project lead and product lead developer.