What are the course objectives?
The COBIT 5 Foundation course is designed for IT professionals seeking a deeper knowledge and understanding of the governance and management of enterprise IT. COBIT 5 is the only business framework for governance and management of enterprise IT from ISACA®, the creators of the COBIT 5 framework. The framework incorporates thought leadership and guidance from business, IT, and governance experts around the world.
The Simplilearn COBIT 5 course includes six lessons that cover the five principles and seven enablers that form the basis of the COBIT 5 business framework. Real-life scenarios and quizzes complement the COBIT training.
On completing the COBIT 5 Foundation course, you will be able to:
What skills will you learn?
- Pass the COBIT 5 Foundation exam and earn a COBIT 5 certificate
- Understand the IT management issues in your organization/enterprise and implement COBIT to respond to those challenges
- Put into practice the knowledge you get from the COBIT 5 framework and recommend applications of COBIT for enterprise-wide projects
- Take advanced COBIT 5 courses and their exams such as:
- COBIT 5 Implementation - to master the governance of enterprise IT based on a continual improvement lifecycle
- COBIT 5 Assessment - to be able to perform formal process capability assessments.
At the end of the Simplilearn’s COBIT 5 Foundation course, participants will be able to:
What career benefits are in store for you?
- Recognize the need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT and learn to create value for enterprises
- Relate to the COBIT framework concepts and understand its use with other standards and best practices
- Understand the five principles and seven enablers along with the importance of good practices for better governance and management
- Understand the IT management issues that are affecting organizations, including pain points and trigger events that organizations experience
- Learn the functions that COBIT provides, the benefits of using COBIT, various governance and management processes and the process reference model
- Implement COBIT® in practical situations for issues that generally occur in enterprises
- Understand the concepts of process capability assessments and how various processes may be improved through the Seven-stage Lifecycle approach
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is a professional stepping stone for enhancing IT knowledge and performing implementations and assessments of IT frameworks. This COBIT Certification course will help you shape your career by demonstrating your IT expertise and adding value to process improvements in your IT organization. After completing the COBIT training course you’ll be well positioned to become an IT auditor, IT quality professional, or other in-demand IT roles.
In India, COBIT has been recognized by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and has been adopted by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG). Among the leading private banks, HDFC has adopted COBIT, and a case study on its implementation is available on the official COBIT 5 website.
Many other Asian countries such as the Philippines and the UAE have adopted and accepted COBIT for their audit institutions or finance audit departments in government agencies and organizations.
In North America, South America, Australia and Europe, COBIT is widely adopted and used in various multinational companies, government departments and financial institutions for audits and assessments. A comprehensive list is available on the COBIT 5 website.
Professionals certified in COBIT 5 can earn an average monthly salary that ranges between $112,000 and $122,000.
Who should take this course?
If you’re working in audit and insurance, risk management, information security, regulatory and compliance, or governance of enterprise IT, then COBIT is your one stop solution for mastering information technology. IT professionals such as auditors, IT managers, quality professionals, developers, process practitioners, and managers in IT service-providing firms (or IT service-providing departments of any firm) will find this COBIT 5 course helpful in advancing their career.